Saturday, July 14, 2007

Fun with cameras!


The bumper sticker says "God Bless America." This is one of those notorious D.C. jams. I was bored already, what do you want?


The funny thing about this traffic jam. 1.) There was a lady or man (couldn't tell which) behind me that kept shaking his or her head in disapproval because I wasn't kissing the bumper of the truck in front of me in 2 mph traffic movement. Ass! 2.) The bulk of the jam was going left for 95 toward the Carolinas, and I went right...no jams, bottlenecks....metaphorical, eh? Ok...I'm still loopy from the drive. IT IS FROM THE DRIVE, DAMNIT!


This is from a construction related jam in VA. Obviously, not a highly traveled road. See the mountains? I'm too tired to play with the settings of the photo. The mountains look really blue from afar and they were slightly darker in hue than the pale blue of the sky. The scenery got a few wows from me. It never f'kn ended, though.


I felt the need to take this picture. Very sweet bike. :)


You know you are in the South when you see a cross like this in front of a church. Imagine the fund drive they had for that sucker! This is Bristol and right near Bristol's track. I took this at 70 mph...don't tell anyone.


The picture does not do this sunset justice. It was all kinds of crazy pinks, oranges, and hint of purple. In NJ, you don't get to see real skies. Pollution and wattage muck it up. (Yes, a preposition! Shut up!) HA!
Did ya ever notice how sweet the air smells when you go through a heavily wooded area. Yeah. Beats that Jersey stench!

6 comments:

Serr8d said...

Hey, fellow Tennessee Blogger! I just found you, through a comment you left with Rachel...

Your Cross photo reminds me of one I took, just north of Knoxville, and blogged about in March...these things are everywhere in Tennessee, but you won't find one with a similiar location as this, I wouldn't think...

I've added you to my blogroll. Enjoy your vacation~!

Serr

Serr8d said...

Well, even if you aren't a Tennessee Blogger (your Nashville Skyline graphics threw me, before I checked your profile...) I like your blog!



Be Safe!

Sezme said...

That was a funny picture!

Yeah...I'm just visiting. I like it. Don't really feel like going back, either.

In Virginia, I kept seeing random hillsides with three crosses. Wouldn't see that where I'm from unless it is church property and around Easter.

AmPowerBlog said...

Those are some nice pictures. Looks like you're having a great time!

Take care and be well!

Dionne said...

A very sweet bike!!!!!!

Sezme said...

If you click on it, the larger image shows just how nice it is.