Friday, July 27, 2007

"BLOGGER REFLECTION AWARD"


Today, Wyatt bestowed upon me the honor of the "Blogger Reflection Award." Personally, I think he ran out of people to link for the bazillion memes going around our blogosphere. However, Wyatt actually brought a little tear to my eye with his kindness:

RT is SYLG's number-one stalker; and I say that with the utmost respect. Even when I post some boring claptrap that makes people want to retch, she is always there to post an enlightening comment. I converted her to the Dark Side - read: Blogger - almost a year ago, and she has really shined. I consider her the Bill Bennett of the blogosphere: she is well-informed and well-spoken, without being a sarcastic smart ass like some people. What? Why is everyone looking at me?
Here are the rules:

1. Copy this post (meaning the rules).
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they’ve been given the award.
5. Put the award icon on your site.

"This award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy . . . of knowing them and being blessed by them.”
I don't know about "Godly example" as it pertains to my choices, but they all have done their part in putting a smile on my face and some laughter in my heart. In my book, that is definitely encouragement and a positive impact.

Wyatt
Yeah, I know I'm probably not supposed to honor someone who has already been honored by someone else, but I like breaking rules. So, how can I not honor my pimp-daddy? His humor hits my funny-bone, but his desire that there be a better world, whether he is taking part in making it better as an officer of law enforcement or through his well-spoken and well-written posts, give me hope that there are decent people that care more about their community than self. As someone who felt like an inconvenience to everyone around her while she was growing up, it warms my heart to see Wyatt's posts about his children. They will be wonderful men when they become adults. (I'm sure Mrs. Earp has a large role in that, as well.)

Fiar
Fiar's use of sarcasm, satire, and evil-genius are amazing. Reading his posts make me think and remind me that all the fluff and lies found in the world aren't fooling everyone. While it might be easy to peg Fiar as crude and/or callous (at times), he is anything but. In fact, if you read through his posts, you will see that he loves his family and cares very much about his friends. Fiar has a keen understanding of what makes people tick. He's good with advice, too. I guess that does make Fitch right. (I'm little concerned about Flowers Bloom, though.)

Rogue
While Rogue is new to my blogroll, he has impacted me. His perspective as a former member of the military helps me to get a better idea of what is actually going in the world. Not only that, but as an educator, he has offered encouragement, empathy, and resources. I really appreciate it. Like any job, unless you are in it, it is hard to fathom what goes on in it. Every now and then he lets us see his humor, which is a very good thing, too.

Rachel
I'd go into battle with Rachel. In fact, I'd let her lead. (I'm more of a helper/supporter, anyway.) Her fearless, no nonsense attitude makes me jealous of her. I'm a sappy wuss. I enjoy her eloquent rants against the stupidity of the day. It also brings a smile to my face when she gets frustrated with her job and with the idiots of this world. Why? Because I know she will laugh (eventually) and because it lets me know my battle buddy faces some of the same "fire" as me. (It must be noted, however, that Rachel possesses a great amount of compassion for others: soldiers and those who have suffered loss. That is what makes her even more awesome!)

Uber
I wish I had Uber's inner and outer beauty as well as her eloquence and charm. She's an uber-mom and uber-artist. Two things that I admire, greatly. It is easier to send your child off to a school rather than spend just about 24/7 with one. Uber-teen will be an amazing young lady once she's released into the wilds of our society. She'll help to make it a better place, thanks to Uber.

Because I like to break rules, to those of you not mentioned that are somewhat regulars or really present over the past year, I want to honor you in some way with a sentence or two (and some link pimpage):

Little Miss Chatterbox:
Your desire to see Christians who are conservative invovled in politics and educating themselves about the world around them keeps me hopeful for our faith. So many hide from "the world" not realizing they must still be "in the world."

JimmyB:
I appreciate your prayers and the kind words you have always left in my comments section. I also appreciate the love and admiration you have for your mama. That's the sign of a good man. :)

Captain America:
Thank you for running into buildings that could cause you harm or worse. I appreciate the passion with which you write your posts. I miss your photography skills....where'd they go? It is also very cool that you care so much about your kids. Y'all might think it comes naturally as part of being a parent...it doesn't.

Dragon Lady:
One word. MAIDEN!!!! :) I appreciate how you speak with candor about your past. You are one tough and strong cookie. I admire your desire and willingness to "play." Your posts always bring a smile to my face. (Umm...especially the picture of Brucey from behind.)

Ssssssssteve:
I appreciate your willingness to honor your faith and the legacy of faith given to you by your family. Your humor and needling are just as appreciated as your prayers and kind words. Oh, and I wish you were my older brother. (Not sure I'd want Joe for a brother, though...I'll have to think on that one.)

JohnD:
In the midst of working as a secret spy agent and serving in the reserves, you spend much time inhaling chlorine from your bacteria ridden pool. Because of that, you never cease to make me crack a smile with your movie quotes and make me jealous with your short stories. I'm sure all of the previously mentioned "circumstances" help to create your humor and ability to write really good stories.

Deathlok:
What Wyatt said. :) Seriously, I just admire you for living in NJ. I've been trying to get away from it for 38 years and you move here on purpose. I am encouraged by your closeness to your friends and to your family. Your knowledge of trivia is pretty cool, too.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, thank you so much RT! I feel honored and enjoy our shared love of Maiden. Up the Irons!
:)

Sezme said...

:)

You are welcome!

Anonymous said...

I think yer a mighty fine gal myself. Sorry, I don't run a blog. You're a very nice net freind RT.
xnks for putting up with me.

Anonymous said...

sorry. Skul

Sezme said...

No problem. You're a fine net friend, as well. :) (and thank you)

Rogue said...

Thanks RT.

I appreciate all the times you've come over to visit.

Ssssteve said...

Hey, this is allright!! Thanks! and how was lunch? I hope you had fun on your vacation!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, RT. And thanks for stopping in at my blog to read my frequently inane ramblings.

Sezme said...

Rogue:
You're welcome. :)

Ssssteve:
You're welcome.
Lunch was awesome! My vacation was low on activity, but a lot of fun.

JohnD:
You're welcome, 007 1/2.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Thanks, deary! The kind words are undeserved on my part, but I appreciate you writing them anyway.

Sezme said...

I appreciate your appreciation. :P

Dionne said...

You are beyond sweet, thanks so much!!

Sezme said...

Awww, shucks.

Anonymous said...

Best part, I didn't know Ssssteve had a blog. Now the poor guy has another reader. Same with Rogue and JohnD.
I know most of the other folks and enjoy their comments and blogs.
I still get a kick out of LMC's avatar.

Skul

Sezme said...

Well, consider your world enlightened and brightened.

Anonymous said...

They're a good bunch of folks having fun tweaking the PC crowd.
FIAR puts me in stiches. His "Flowers Bloom" character is an absolute read. I wish he'd bring her out more often.
Wyatt's a riot, and I'm a poet. Diesel is another absolute read to believe.
All these folks make my day a little bit better.

Skul

Sezme said...

Well then, there is a purpose for our blogs. :)

Anonymous said...

Yup

Sezme said...

:)

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Thanks, RT!
You're the best.

Sezme said...

You're welcome. I'm also far from being the best, trust me. :)

Anonymous said...

You rock! Skul too. And everyone else that recognizes greatness (in general, not just mine)

Crap, am I bing a nice guy again?
yardmrwn

Sezme said...

You can't be Fiar. You're being nice and stuff. ;P

svj said...

Nice blog, keep it up!

Steve