Tuesday, July 03, 2007

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!

"I believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival... it ought to be celebrated by pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other..."--John Adams


I cannot imagine the thickness of the air in Philadelphia in 1776. There were people who agreed with the decision to declare independence and those that did not. I cannot imagine how hard it must be to say to a force that has ruled, "We're going to do it our way, now." I am very grateful, though. I am grateful that I was born in this country. I am grateful that I can go outside, drive to my place of employment, speak freely, go to my church of choice, and enjoy any other right I have, as granted to me because of my citizenship in this country. I am also grateful that I don't have to battle against tyranny on my own soil.

I've been to Independence Hall in Philadelphia many times. I'm lucky enough to live close to it. I remember going there as a kid (even into my teens). I loved the building itself, but I really loved to hear the story of how we gained our independence. To me it is plain bravery.

Thank you to those who fought for our liberty. Thank you to those who continue to fight for us. Without those willing to fight, we would not have liberty.

Others are not as lucky as us, even where we are trying to give them that chance. This is a story from
Michael Yon that details finding the bodies of villagers who were murdered by Al Qaeda. Really, a bumper sticker? Because it is hard, because it will probably take our natural lives to defeat it....a bumper sticker? This is what the mainstream media doesn't report. (There are disturbing images.)

Some 4th of July related RT TUBE!!!!
If you like patriotic music Revolutionary-style,
click here for The U.S. Army Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps.

Click here if you want to view a tribute to present-day soldiers.

Here is a
scene from one of my favorite movies: 1776. It is the scene when they sign the Declaration of Independence.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th RT! :)

John DuMond said...

Happy 4th of July, RT.

Dionne said...

God Bless America and Happy 4th RT!!!

Sezme said...

I hope you all had a happy and relaxing holiday! :)