Thursday, July 12, 2007

ADVENTURES IN SHOPPING

True story:
I walked into a shoe store to find a couple of cheap pairs of shoes. You know, just for the summer kind of shoes. When asked if I needed help with anything I politely said, "No," and went about my way. About five minutes later, the clerk comes up and starts to give me a lesson on the retail shoe business, which I didn't need or want. I will paraphrase the almost ten minute lesson I received.

Did you know that:
This particular chain of shoe stores orders sizes based on the popularity of styles and sizes sold. As the store is at a location for a certain amount of time, they are able to have styles and sizes that cater to the traffic that comes into the store.

Did you know that you can go online to look at shoes before you buy them or just buy them online? When you go online, you can narrow your search by heel height (there are flats, medium heel and high heel) and by style (casual or career).

I think it was at this point my mind went numb from the useless information that I already knew. It might have been my brain's way of shutting off the urge to take one of the high heels and firmly implanting it in her skull.

Just so you know: I did a search of this particular shoe store's shoes online last night, because I didn't want to waste my time going there if they didn't have styles that interest me. I had found one pair that I saw in last night's search. However, I couldn't find the other. She said what was on the shelves was all they had. So, thinking I couldn't find the other style shoe I wanted, I started up to the cash register. At an end cap, I notice a separate display with the shoe I couldn't find on the shelves. WOW! She was a lot of help, now wasn't she?

I looked and noticed that she had on a wedding ring. I looked because I was like, "Dear God, I hope she doesn't go home and endlessly talk about complete and utter nonsense." There is a poor man somewhere that has to hear the how's and what's of everything, I fear. On behalf of the females that have a quiet disposition, I say, "sorry." (Yes, I am quiet in real life! Well, most of the time.)

Then to top off my day of shopping, while tooling around in my rental car (brand new, btw), I didn't have any cd's for the cd player, so I had to listen to the radio. Within a ten minute time span, every station I was hitting was playing Nickelback. Why? Nickelback is the fruity girl drink of rock and roll. Maybe it is because they are Canadian. (Ok. So this song isn't so bad.)

No comments: