Sunday, July 08, 2007

QUOTE OF THE DAY:


I've read a little bit of the press surrounding the Live Earth concerts. (Ummm....what did they accomplish?) A quote of Robert Kennedy, Jr. cracked me up:
"Kennedy 'called on attendees to get rid of all those rotten politicians we have in Washington, D.C.'"
"YIPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does that mean Uncle Teddy, too? Don't want to be at that Thanksgiving table. Uncle Teddy would eat all the food, anyway.

Another part of the article I was reading caused a chuckle, too:
"Critics have faulted the Live Earth concerts for lacking clear-cut, achievable goals, and for lauding rock stars whose jet-setting, high-consumption lifestyles can often send a different, less environmentally friendly message."

Isn't that how Democratic politicians operate? Grand schemes, lots of ideas...inability to follow through?


(H/T: myway)

Btw, I'm watching Under Siege right now. Anyone else ever see it?

8 comments:

Rogue said...

I hear Teddy creates his fair share of methane also.

Hope things are better for you today.

Sezme said...

:) Thanks.

I believe that God does have good things for me and that I don't have to always have to deal with loss (of some sort) or illness. Jeremiah 29:11 wasn't in the Bible for nothing. :)

I've had a lot of the above the past three years (or so).

Sezme said...

What I'm trying to say is that I have to be patient...but I hope the good things start happening soon. ;)

Dionne said...

My husband and I love the movie Under Siege.

The whole Live Earth thing and Al Gore are a joke. The only entertainers I was disappointed to see attend was Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks.

Sezme said...

After Under Siege, Under Siege II came on THEN a really cheesey Stallone and Burt Reynolds movie, Driven, came on. I've had problems sleeping the past few nights and I have seen some movies I've never watched before, that's for sure. Usually, I end up watching Westerns, but I just never turned off the station that had the race.

Live earth...it would be nice if it accomplished something, but why be so wasteful to raise awareness about something?

I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks and Yearwood were there. Here is something from Shooter Jennings for your disappointment: "Your heroes turn out to be assholes..." HA!

FYI: A fund Madonna established (charity, I guess) has $4.2 billion in stock in companies considered not so eco-friendly. Glad I never liked her music. NEVER!

Deathlok said...

Surely you are not implying that DRIVEN or any other movie is worse than Under Siege 2. How did Segal get a sequel to any movie.

Unknown said...

http://www.myspace.com/rfk_jr_for_the_usa

We beg to differ my friend.

http://www.myspace.com/rfk_jr_for_the_usa

Sezme said...

Bite me.