Sunday, July 08, 2007

CELL PHONES ROCK!!!


Before I get to why cell phones rock, I've posted the winners of the caption contest. I actually took ten entries and shaved them down to five! Aren't y'all proud? I also have a little trivia contest a few posts down the blog. If I do it again, I'll try to make it a little more entertaining.

I'm also planning my trip to Nashville, looking for stuff to do. Ok, on to the cell phone rocks stuff:

I hate cell phones. I only use mine a total of about 10 minutes per day. Come to think of it, I'm not much of a telephone person, period. Anyhoo...I got to ride the last 20 miles to my best friend's new home in Texas! Actually, I think her husband begged her to call someone because she was so hyper from driving for three days. She was telling me about the signs on the road warning about picking up hitchhikers. She mentioned something about an incident with a chainsaw down there or something.

THEY HAVE JACK-IN-THE-BOX!!!!! We haven't had one around here in years. My favorite childhood memories are when my mom and I (after church) went there and hung out without anyone telling us we were crap (family stuff). Sometimes we'd go to a local lake and have a picnic with our lunch. I can still taste their onion rings. Dang. (I'm a cheap date, what can I say.) Actually, I can still remember the leftover salt packets and napkins in the glove compartment of the Rambler. I used to call it the "Rumbler." But I digress....

The best part of the conversation was that my friend told me she has a job interview lined up and that is great! There was one part of her trip that caused her great angst, though. Her husband, from Texas, took her to Dallas and to that **puking sound** place where T.O. shoots off his mouth. Of course, I asked if she was forever damaged by the incident, but she assured me that she is o.k. Her husband was hollerin' to some people she didn't see, though...my guess? Ghosts of past glory never to be seen again? Seriously, a Cowboys fan? Ugh! He's a good guy, though. We'll overlook that flaw. She sounded excited and happy. That makes my heart happy. :)

She also told me about a place to get turquoise jewelry really cheap down there (my absolute favorite). So, I'm going to go shopping now (while I plan my trip to Nashville--multitasking).

PS: I didn't cry this time! YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...
You said shave....
Daddy like!

Sezme said...

Yeah, baby!


JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!