Monday, July 16, 2007

Neighbors

Tonight I got to go out for pizza and beer. Sounds plain, but it was a lot of fun. My cousin, his family, and some of their neighbors and I went out together and then had ice cream at the neighbors' house.

When we got home, we just hung out and talked and laughed. It was also nice to see that a couple married upteen years could be so cute with each other, flirty, and still hold hands.

My cousin's wife is awesome...she's a lot like me, actually, so we've gotten along quickly. This whole trip I haven't been my normal shy self and it has felt good.

I've ruined two brand new shirts bought especially for this trip (bought them a couple of months ago and lost enough weight to wear them). But it is all good!

It is nice to not feel trapped in the world I have in NJ. In fact, my cousin was trying to give me ideas of how to get a life. Sounds weird, but I need one. I don't have one. I'm all work and home.

So far I might not have done ultra-touristy stuff, but I've had an awesome lunch with a friend and had a great night with family. I've also enjoyed a lot of laughter, which is always good for the spirits...I love laughter. I don't think I can ask for much more.

Tomorrow my cousin is going to take a half day to tour me around a little. Then...real Southern food. Yummy!

I really don't want to go home. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have a good time with family !

Deathlok said...

You had ice cream on top of pizza and beer.

BBBBLLLEEEEEEGHHHHHHH!

Sezme said...

Believe it or not...that did not make me sick.

The pizza was sad.

I wonder if they need a good pizzeria/deli/cheesesteak shop down there? I'm not saying I'd do the cooking, but hmmmmmm.