Sunday, April 01, 2007

SEVEN YEAR ITCH

As many of you know, I have been really stressed out and tired lately, mostly due to my job. Four hours of sleep a night doesn't help, either. Seven years of the insanity, plus my commute have managed to destroy my health and general well-being.

There are times that I wish I could take off for a year and just have "me" time and do what I want and take better care of myself...lose the rest of the weight and get healthier.

I brought all of this up to my dad tonight during a telephone conversation. He has always been so supportive and proud of me. Wanting to buy me a house should be proof alone, but he has now offered to pay off my debts, too.

I cannot begin to tell you how awesome this is. I imagine a lot of you dream of being debt-free, too. I look forward to not having to owe anyone anything. However, I've decided to put the house thing on hold for a year or so. I'll still get the house, but I want to do something I've always wanted to do, first. I want to teach overseas.

I haven't decided where I'd like to apply, yet, but it appears I could almost have my choice, especially in the Middle East and in Asia.

I cannot tell you how excited I am! Seriously.

And before any of you think you'll be losing another blog...I'll keep to my pondering just to pester y'all.

Update: It appears that now I won't be going overseas to teach, because I have absolutely no desire to fly, nor do I want to spend any length of time outside of my own country. Call me an isolationist or a nationalist, but I rather like my ugly American ways. If nobody comments on an April Fools post...does it exist? Darnit!

2 comments:

Dionne said...

LOL :-) You had me going there for awhile!!

Sezme said...

Do you know how crazy it drove me that no one was reacting to it? Grrrr....can't have any fun!