Monday, April 16, 2007

My favorites (that I can think of)

Thanks to Wyatt's favorite Rocky Horror song...I cannot get to sleep, so I thought I'd do the next post from the post ideas request thingy.

Little Miss Chatterbox thought a good post idea would a rundown of my favorite tv shows or movies.

That actually takes some thought. I grew up in front of the television, yet when a show went off the air, I didn't miss it.

I'd have to say my favorite show is/was
Everybody Loves Raymond. It never ceases to crack me up, especially because of Peter Boyle.

Growing up I loved watching ballet and operas (no lie) and all kinds of British shows that could be found on PBS. I do remember during my summers watching a lot of Brady Bunch, Gomer Pyle, Lucy, Beverly Hillbillies, and who didn't love the Dukes of Hazard? I used to dance around to Lawrence Welk and loved Hee Haw (Gotta problem with that?).

My favorite movies are The Fall of House of Usher, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Breakfast Club, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Young Frankenstein, and Princess Bride (my favorite scene). Kind of weird, but I like all kinds of movies. I really like to laugh, so that's what I usually watch these days (comedies). I just listed what came to mind, though. I HATE Disney movies...at least those from 1990 on up, really. If I hear one more Disney song from 1990 on up, I'll puke! I also don't consider crying a form of entertainment, so I stay away from tear-jerkers and movies involving animals...they make me cry. If you ever saw The Little Prince...ugh...boo hoo city.

The scariest movie I ever saw?
Left Behind. It is a movie about the end times and unbelievers being left behind. I think I was too young to handle it. I still can't read the book of Revelations because of it. Yes, I went to a hardcore church.

4 comments:

Buckaroo Banzai said...

INCONCEIVABLE!!!

Heh. RHPS is terrific for keeping people up all night!

Sezme said...

Every now and then I catch myself saying, "As you wish," when people ask me to do something. I get a giggle.

I always wanted hair like the maid-chick....wild red.

Dionne said...

Thanks for doing this.

Who from our generation doesn't love The Breakfast Club? I think it was a statement from all teens that grew up in the 80's.

I still remember in college our dorms would have these open houses and each floor would have a different theme. One of the guys' dorms did Princess Bride and it was very cool. At that point I had been pretty sheltered from movies and I had never seen it, if you can believe that :-). After college I got a VCR and got up to date on all the movies I had missed in highschool and college :-).

Sezme said...

LMC:
I soooo had a thing for Judd Nelson. I wanted to be stuck in that closet with him, darnit! I really hated Molly Ringwald after that movie...pure jealousy. ;P

Oh, and I can believe it. My friends couldn't wear jeans. I know the hardcore legalism that exists. When I was 13 my mom decided that I was no longer allowed to listen rock music (had been since I was really little). So I blasted classical music, that drove her buggy, so I got my rock music back. Oddly enough, that's when I went all metal. Wow. I was a bad kid, even though my mom says I really wasn't. I'm glad I will probably not have kids. The payback would be more than a you-know-what!