Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday


Today was my first day back to work after our break. I'm tired. Really tired.

There is one thing I'd like to share, though. I had to have a conversation with student that I never thought I'd have. Because of something an uncouth boy mentioned in class, a female student asked what KY Jelly is. First, I told the young lady that it was a topic not suitable for the classroom and that she'd have to find out from one of her friends after class (they were snickering so I assumed they knew). Well, the sweet little thing cornered me in the hallway after class and asked me what it is. Yay. So I explained very delicately what it is for. Well, at least she won't think it is a jelly made in Kentucky or something you combine with peanut butter and bread. Yikes! And no! I didn't explain the different types that exist under the brand's name!

Yep. I won't be forgetting that conversation. EVER!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Well, at least she won't think it is a jelly made in Kentucky..."

So tell me RT, if KY jelly isn't made in Kentucky, where is it made?

Sezme said...

Ok, Mr. Smartass! I tried to do a bit of research. They have a lot of products under the brand, by the way. Oops...got distracted there for a second. If it manufactured in the U.S., it might possibly be in NJ, PA, or Los Angeles. Chances are though, it is manufactured beyond our borders.

Joe Cool said...

So... How many jellies do you have???
Hehehehehe

Sezme said...

Oy vey! I neither confirm nor deny that I own any of the jellies in question. :P'''''''''''''''''

Sezme said...

Yes, I used a double negative...I'm tired!

Joe Cool said...

I was serious about the preaching part. I liked what you had to say. Thank you for the welcome back. I now feel dirty for tying your Easter post and this one together.
But, pbj IS my favorite sandwich.... with skippy creamy..... Mmmmmmm.....

Sezme said...

Thanks and I had a classmate we used to call Skippy because of his fondness for peanut butter and his dog. Personally, I like chunky peanut butter. I like the texture of the nuts. Umm....I just made things worse, didn't I?

:P

Joe Cool said...

Did you say "chunky"????
Yes you did make it worse!
I am having a hard time typing...
LOL
That's because I am listening to "sad but true" right now.

Sezme said...

1. Yes. I said chunky.
2. Sorry. I am trying to be a good girl these days. Ya know, my faith and all. When I'm tired, only bad things can happen. :)
3. What? You can't bang your head and type at the same time? Wuss. I used to drive, smoke, and bang my head at the same time....while driving around traffic circles in Jersey.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Me thinks she doth protest too much.

Peanut butter jelly time at RT's place!!!

Sezme said...

Ummmm.....I hate it when it sticks to the roof of my mouth--the peanut butter that is.

rachel said...

If KY isn't made in Kentucky, why is it called KY?

Sezme said...

Hmmm...I wonder what K-Y does mean...no clue. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you meen it's not a baste for KY Fried Chicken??

Skul

Sezme said...

Not sure I'd call it finger lickin' good. I think I just grossed myself out.

Anonymous said...

wow. I would have just told them to go ask their parents...

Sezme said...

She is of a culture where a question of that nature could have caused a lot of problems for her.

I didn't go into graphic detail. Don't worry, I'm a professional. :)

Dionne said...

Wow!! I can bet thats a question teachers didn't get 20 years ago :-).

Sezme said...

This is why I really don't get upset when people homeschool their kids. :)