Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Easter!

I know from time to time you witness "bad RT." It is a part of me. I have faults and many failures, but the one thing I know is that I am redeemable. We all are. While I try to not pound you all over the head with my faith and beliefs, I do want you to know what really makes makes me tick. I would not make it far in life or even through a day if I did not have God. I truly believe He sent Christ to give us, as highly undeserving as we all are, an opportunity/choice to allow God into our lives and to work in our lives.

1 Peter 3:18 (NIV)
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

We are never too bumped and bruised, so imperfect, that He can't accept us or use us.

2 Corinthians 5:17-18 (KJV)
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

This is not meant to be preachy; however, I realize in our present time it could be seen as such. I just wanted to share my heartfelt beliefs about this holiday and its connection to my faith.

I hope you all have restful and reflective Easter. This is the true reason for Christmas.


11 comments:

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Um . . . you should probably stay from my most recent post, then.

Sezme said...

Skul:
All I know is my God is all about life.

Wyatt:
It's not what I think that matters. The bigger question is: What does God think? However, it can be seen on my blog that I don't always think about that question. :)

Anonymous said...

Exactly RT, that is why I asked the question of Islam. Strangely enough, I never get an answer.
I know, you know, the answer to that.

Skul

Sezme said...

:)

Dionne said...

Amen, I for one wholeheartedly agree!! Happy Easter RT! You will appreciate the video that I posted for Easter.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post and I understand totally.
Although I'm completely ornery, I do have my more quiet/meditative moments.

Sezme said...

LMC:
Where two or more are gathered.... :)

Happy Easter to you, too.

DL:
I actually believe that I am ornery and have a certain edge for a purpose. :) I've been very contemplative, lately, though.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

A blessed and happy Easter to you RT! :)

Sezme said...

You too, CUG! :)

Joe Cool said...

Don't stop preaching it sister!!

Sezme said...

I don't think preaching is my calling, but thanks. :) See, I don't know if you're kidding or not...grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Oh, and welcome back from the far unknown.