Sunday, April 29, 2007

No, this won't be on the final!

Usually I get questions such as, "May I go to the bathroom? May I get a drink? Is this on the final?" I don't usually get questions from adults. Well, other teachers might ask, "What are you teaching next year? What are you going to do over the summer?" Everything seems school related. So, when I got the opportunity to volunteer for some questions to be asked of me...I volunteered gladly. Rachel, upon answering questions posed to her, asked for volunteers to be interviewed and I will do likewise. If you would like me to ask you five questions, just let me know in the comments section and I will get back to you by the end of the week.
Rachel's questions....

1. If you could get any first edition book for free, what would it be?
That's a tough one. One of my favorite books ever is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I would have to say that one. She's one of my all-time favorite literary heroines. She was a hard-luck kid who, through God's Providence, found happiness and love.

2. Daisies or roses?
I absolutely love daisies! Gerber daisies are my favorites. I used to work at a flower shop in Van Nuys, CA when I was 18 and they always brightened my day. I researched their background because I was thinking of planting some in my grandmom's garden. They are native to South Africa. I thought that was funny, since I am Dutch Afrikaan. I love tulips with almost equal fervor, though. Daisies remind me of sunshine and smiles...sounds dumb, but they do. Roses are pretty, and smell nice, but it takes more heart and thought to give a flower that lacks a hackneyed presence. (I hope to have a really pretty rose garden someday, though.)

3. What was the first album/cassette you bought?
The first cassette I bought was Queen, The Game (1980). Iron Maiden was next..go figure.

The first album I bought was B.J. Thomas, Happy Man (1978). I was 10 and still a good girl. It is a gospel album that I just about wore out. I've always liked his voice and secretly listen to him in my car if he happens to appear while I'm skipping around the stations. (Somehow I jumped from gospel to Billy Squirer...whatever.)

I probably didn't really start buying much of my own music until I started babysitting and then working. My mom wasn't going to buy me any of that "devil-music."

4. What is your home page set to?
What? You're not supposed to have it set to MSN? I have a google home page with lots of customization. No. I haven't found a site other than those that I'd make a home page. Any suggestions?

5. If you were on the side of the road with a flat tire and the only person who stopped to help was a hippie with a VW beetle covered in anti-war stickers, what would you do?

I'd use my cell phone to call AAA. Besides, a hippie that knows how to change a tire is one thing, but a hippie that has the physical strength to change a tire? Puhleeeeeeeeze!

For my own sick enjoyment, I could always make the hippie cry while I'm waiting for AAA, though. I could tell him Jerry Garcia is dead and never coming back. That should make him cry.

2 comments:

rachel said...

I remember a friend joking about how Jerry never moved on stage when the Dead played.

I'm sure the day he died, he said something like, "How could they tell."

Sezme said...

I don't stereotype based on race. I stereotype on my experience with the hippies I know and once knew. See you are stereotyping me by assuming my realm of friends can only be seen in one way.