Saturday, February 03, 2007

Walk the Line


I watched Walk the Line this evening. WOW! I'm really having good luck with movies lately. I should have known it would be good if the beginning made me choke up a bit. In small ways I can identify with things that Mr. Cash and his lovely bride, June, experienced in their lives. Walk the Line is a really good movie that shows how people can work through their failures, faults, and "issues." It shows that one can still come out on the other end of a lot of hurt with hope and see a future that holds some promise. I always admired Mrs. Cash's spunk and sassiness. Now I admire her strength.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still haven't seen it. I really need to, because I think Cash is/was awesome.

Sezme said...

It is a really, really good movie. I know their son oversaw production, so I would imagine it is close to what they experienced. It was just really good to see the relationship they had...well, once Johnny got his head out of his ass (I hate drugs).

Sezme said...

Let me rephrase that a bit: They went through a lot to get the relationship we saw in public. They could truly appreciate each other because of their individual pasts and shared past. That's why I chose the picture I chose--they wear it on their faces.

Dionne said...

I have heard nothing but good things about this movie. I still haven't seen it but will soon. It is in my netflix que.

Sezme said...

It would make a nice "date night in" movie. Not that I have those nights, but I imagine if I were lucky enough to, it would be a nice movie to share with someone special.

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I'll have to see it too.
Only heard good things about it myself.

Sezme said...

I highly recommend it!