Thursday, February 01, 2007

Some advice and stress relief


Would you believe that Play-doh is a great reliever of stress? There happened to be some on my desk yesterday (I share a room) and my pinheads were bugging me, so I reached for the Play-doh and started rolling a ball in my hands. Instant calm. When one of my students became really stressed out during class later on in the day, I gave him some Play-doh and he calmed down. Today, he was stressed again (nature of the class) and he came up to me and said, "Where's the Play-doh?" Hello, my name is RT and I am a Play-doh addict. It softens the hands, too.

I had to stop at the grocery store today...on an empty stomach. Don't do that if you can help it. Every fatty and/or salty carb lining the aisles was calling my name. I answered the call way too many times.

I think this had to be the lamest post, yet. I need a "sick" day.

6 comments:

rachel said...

I can't imagine the comments if I had Play-doh at my desk. They're still trying to figure out what to make of Darth Tater.

Sezme said...

It was used for some kind of activity to introduce a semester course, some kind of visual image thing. Funny thing when a few of my students had it in their hands, they were more productive because they calmed down enough to think. Funny outcome. I knew of a professor that kept coloring books and crayons in his office for stressed out students. Hey...whatever works. Most of the Play-doh usage is after school with the newspaper kids.

Sezme said...

I like Darth Tater, btw. :) Cute.

rachel said...

I actually have the entire Tater Star Wars collection.

I'm such a geek.

rachel said...

The link was supposed to go here.

Sezme said...

Ha! Spud Trooper!!! To cute and funny and cool.