Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. ~Virgil A. Kraft


Within the last couple of hours I finally became so overcome by the bullpucky that is Valentine's Day I decided to look forward and regain my mental well-being. (No comments from the peanut gallery!)

So, I thought I'd create a list of things I'm looking forward to in the spring...thank God (really) that it isn't too far off into the future:

1. I look forward to seeing flowers. You name the type, except for the foul-smelling marigolds, I love them all, especially daisies.

2. The crack of the bat will be heard for the first time within the next couple of weeks depending on which team you follow.

3. By the end of spring I'll be a couple of sizes smaller--definitely something that will put a smile on my face.

4. More sunshine! I can think of nothing better than the feeling of sun hitting my face. It is kind of like God is smiling at me. Feels good.

5. Spring leads to summer vacation!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!! That means I get to go visit my cousin in Nashville for the first time in years...long overdue. Then I'll drive up to Michigan to see his brother...equally overdue visit.

6. My best friend is getting married. I'm bummed she'll be moving really far away, but I'm so happy for her.

7. I can drive around with my windows down so everyone can hear my obnoxiously loud music.

8. Did I mention sunshine and flowers?

9. The saddest hockey season ever will end.

10. No more brine on the road means no more inhaling it while I drive. YES!

THINK SPRING, EVERYONE!!!!

“It's spring fever.... You don't quite know what it is you DO want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!”

Mark Twain

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any day now RT. Turn around, look around, there it is. Keep a smile and laugh now and then.

Skul

Sezme said...

Don't worry...I smile and laugh A LOT. I'm ready for the season to change.

Gotta go pray, now. :)

Anonymous said...

I hate spring. I hate flowers. I hate nature. I think I'm going to go slash and burn a rainforest. =P

Sezme said...

Geez...getting engaged has done wonders for your mood! At least you don't want to kill seal pups and baby chimps, too. :)

Ssssteve said...

No but he might start blending puppies!!
Hey, while your in Nashville, look Wrecks up! Make him give you a ride on his harley!!!

Sezme said...

Vroooooooom!

Dionne said...

Sounds good to me!!

Anonymous said...

I hate spring. I hate flowers. I hate nature. I think I'm going to go slash and burn a rainforest.

I'll meet you there in 30 minutes. Bring Smokes and beer.

Sezme said...

:)