Tuesday, February 27, 2007

New cause = new flavor

Liberals and and Hollywood types like to have causes...we know this. However, time is ticking on their current flavor-of-the-moment causes. Hmm....never see those red ribbons much, do we? As I see it, the current causes of global warming and the plight of those in different areas of Africa have a ticking clock. (Seriously, I knew about the stuff happening in Africa years ago...where were they then?)

Since these causes will soon lose their flavor with the holier-than-though crowd, how about we come up with new causes to fill up those empty tree-hugging arms?

6 comments:

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping there next cause is a telethon to help auto-workers that don't have enough guns...

Anonymous said...

Heh, I'm with you jimmyb. Maybe they'll make it American Citizens with too few guns.

Actually, my first wish for the next cause du jour is that hollywood will want to save the nearly extinct liberal.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Like Kramer, I refuse to wear the ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Well, there has to be guide lines.
1. Must be based strictly on emotion.
2. It helps to have dubious "scientific" backing.
3. A snappy catch phrase is a must. (save the ____) just doesn't cut it anymore.
4. Must be done for the "Cheeldrun"
5. Must ridicule any opposing thought.
6. Must do as much damage to the USA as possible.

Did I miss anything?

Skul

rachel said...

I'd say they need a telethon to help IT workers that don't have enough guns but IT workers shouldn't own guns. Or at least this one shouldn't. Trust me on this one...

Maybe a campaign for people that were stupid enough to fall for the Nigeria scam? All based on pity for the hapless (broke) victim with no effort made to educate the next generation of useless computer losers to come along?

John DuMond said...

I think Rachel's onto soemthing here. How about a concert for the victims of Spam. Spam-Aid! That's it. We can get John Mellonhead, and the Dicksey Chix, and Oscar-winner Melissa Estrogen. And they can carry it on MTV, right after the season finale of My Super Sweet 16.