Monday, February 12, 2007

Can't hide from it; might as well embrace it


I've been trying to stare the day'o love in the face. It has seemed to twist my heart into a knot for the past five years...almost six. I officially gave up at that point, never wanting to ever be that sad again. "He" was more than just some guy, he was someone that I loved very much and I had known for 12 years. Well at some point ya got to get over it, I guess. So...the past year I've been trying to not let the men-folk get to me. Easier said than done (remember the married scum?).

Well, another year later and probably not any wiser. I do have a new perspective, though. The more I try to protect myself from ever hurting that much again, the more I am shut off from life. I don't want that, so I guess to live you have to be willing to hurt. So...whatever.


With this new attitude of "whatever," I got to thinking what I would actually do if I had a valentine. I guess after I picked myself up off the floor from the collapse due to shock, I'd just try to not be an ass and appreciate that person more than I've ever appreciated someone.


Appreciate those who have chosen to love you. You'll get more love in return. Remember to love them back, unconditionally and sincerely.


Here's a
song that I grew up really loving. There's always hope, isn't there?

2/13: I tossed this post around in my mind all day. I felt like my point was lost in some of what I said. Simply put, sometimes you just gotta put the past in the past and move on with a fresh perspective/outlook and not let your past become your bully or your identity. :) It's all good.

No comments: