Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Soooooo....

As far back as ten years ago...or so (actually more, but never uttered)....I've wanted to move to the South, specifically, TN or SC. I'm seriously considering going to TN. In fact, I'm checking into my finances, how much of a pay cut I'd take, the hassle of finding a job and getting my certification transferred or having to take tests. You know the BS part of uprooting your life and just going somewhere.

I have family in TN...don't worry.

Anyway, my dad is getting weird about it (knew that would happen, eventually) and my mom is telling me to wait a year. That's when I said that I'm tired of everyone telling me what I should do with my life. Seriously, I'm done.

So...since I've got a collective four cents from ma and pa. Ugh. What y'all think? Have any of you ever just finally bit the bullet, said...it will be tough, and then gone and done something similar?

I'm ok waiting a year...gives me a chance to really plan, but I've never been known to do things the "right" way.

Ok...go back to reading my inane stuff, too.

4 comments:

Dionne said...

Go for it!!!!! I can't tell you how much I would love to just pick up and move but at this stage it won't work for me right now. I have 4 kids, a lot of friends, jobs, etc... If my husband and I had moved when we were young and not established we could've moved somewhere fun. Now I feel like we're kind of stuck unless a great opportunity pops up. I would loooooooove to move farther south or west.

Carpe Diem--Seize the day while you can :-)!!!

Sezme said...

Last year, when I was "disowned" for a bit, I never felt more free. I almost did begin to make plans to move South. Then they sucked me back into the madness.

I'm just like, so ready and so done with all the crap. Done. D-o-n-e, done.

As I have been feeling better I've been getting some of my spunk back, so that helps.

I need to go spread "joy" that is RT. ;P

Anonymous said...

Move.

Wait. Don't move.

Move and then don't move.

Don't move before you move.

Support the move before you vote against the move.

Seriously, though. You do what you think is best for you. Your parents don't know what's best for you and us fellow bloggers definitely don't know.

Sezme said...

Only child guilt....need I say more?