Monday, May 28, 2007

Itchy feet

My grandmom once said that I have itchy feet. It was her way of saying that I'm a dreamer. I am visual and I think that's why I get itchy. I see things in my head that I want to do and I can't get the "dream" out of my mind. I love mountains, especially. I daydream about living in/near them quite often. Maybe it is all the people overload I experience. Looking at them calms me.

Another dream I have is to someday do a major road trip. I've done the whole Philly to Los Angeles thing and back. It was pretty. Well, Indiana was kind of boring. However, I have wanted to drive to Montana (visit friends--recent thing) and then drive up into British Columbia to Fernie. My grandmom grew up in B.C. and her father (a lawyer) likely took part in trials in that very courthouse you see pictured. Then, after I see Fernie, I'd like to go to Victoria and then down the Pacific coast. My uncle was responsible for B.C. Hydro's part in the Columbia River dams...I'd like to see whatever there is to see concerning that whole thing. I think I'd even like to see Northern California, but not San Fran...no thanks...no desire.
Maybe next year.

I plan on cutting the apron strings over the next year. I also look forward to taking better care of myself. It has been a rough year (heck, three years) and especially rough couple of weeks. Well, at least in three weeks I won't have to grade anymore essays for a couple of months. In July, I get to reconnect with some family, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Indiana isn't that boring is it. Ok, ok, Indianapolis is probably the only good part about Indiana, but kansas is way worse, it took like a year to drive through it. At least Indiana has a few hills between the farms.

Sezme said...

The farms I saw in Indiana had cows in the front yards and the major highway I was rolling along.

I only saw a tiny bit of Kansas. Missouri was a bit like Indiana, met a recently released female convict. I actually wonder how life turned out for her sometimes.

Arizona takes forever, but it is so pretty.

Dionne said...

I want to do a major road trip some day too but I have a feeling you'll probably get a chance before I do :-).

Sezme said...

I don't know. You can pack up the family and go. I'd have to go alone, which would be a bit scary.