Sunday, May 20, 2007

Missed it, but thank you to present and former members of the military.


It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you. ~Dick Cheney

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~Abraham Lincoln

The patriot's blood is the seed of Freedom's tree. ~Thomas Campbell

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. ~Cynthia Ozick

My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

5 comments:

Dionne said...

Great quotes and great post!!

The Conservative UAW Guy said...

God bless em!

Anonymous said...

Y'all are welcome. Thank you.

Skul

Rogue said...

It was my pleasure to serve. Sometimes I wish I was still "in".

Ssssteve said...

God Bless our troops!! Isn't it amazing that Jefferson saw the same problems that we have today back then! Makes you wonder if we will ever have a society as a whole understand excatly what we have!