Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Song

A little bit ago, Momster tagged me with a meme that required I talk about something precious to me. Had I children or a significant other, I'd probably cite them as my "precious." However, that might be why I don't have either. You see, as part of my faith, I'm taught, through the Bible, that God is to be first and foremost in my life. I have no power to be what anyone else needs me to be unless it is through God's efforts and work in me. Once I accept that and try to "live it," then maybe I'll be of use to someone, and I'll see that God is at the center of it. He can bless or deny; He's the one with the power.

It is a reminder that it's not about me, but about Him. (I have a thick skull and it takes me a while.)

So, I'd have to say my relationship with God is my "precious." Anything else in life would most definitely be major blessings, but again, from God. All of those blessings are there to remind me of His power and His grace.

I've played this song before, but heard it this week and it just speaks to the thoughts that I'm sharing through this meme.

Newsboys
"He Reigns"



Part of having a relationship with God is reading the Bible; that's where the life lessons are found. Here are some of my favorite verses:



Philippians 2:13
. . .for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.


Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (Reminds me just how much that God is love.)

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

I'm not going to tag anyone on this one; however, if you are interested in doing it, by all means do so. Leave a comment on this post if you do decide to do it; that way, we can visit and see what is precious to you.


1 comment:

USA_Admiral said...

That was very nice!