Saturday, March 17, 2007

The truth about St. Patrick

Once you read what I have uncovered about St. Patrick, you'll never look at St. Patrick's day the same ever again. 'Tis a sad day to be wearin' the green. The truth about Saint Patrick:

1. St. Patrick was an occupier. He really wasn't welcome in Ireland.

2. He was intolerant of others' religious beliefs. Ireland was fine until Christianity came along.


3. Ireland never had snakes. It was all a lie. St. Patrick lied and Pagans died!!!!!


4. Born to a wealthy family, he and his well-heeled cronies, the Leprechauns, devised a plot to take over Ireland in their "War for Guinness."


5. St. Patrick wasn't really a saint. Like all leaders who take over a country and its ideologies, he was given the title by the people he brainwashed, not the entity that has the control to give the title.

KISS ME! I'M IRISH. And....here's a song by my favorite Irish band.
HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!

6 comments:

John DuMond said...

Love that song. Love that band. Happy St. Patrick's day, RT.

Sezme said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

rachel said...

God invented Guinness so the Irish would not rule the world.

Nightcrawler said...

Guiness is more valuable than oil!

Nightcrawler said...

By the way, I prefer the Metallica cover of that song, but that's just me! :-)

Sezme said...

I was going to post the Metallica cover; however, the live version isn't to my liking, and the video version might unnerve some folks who read this blog...not to mention that it reminds me of my past a little too much. (Umm...not as many girls around, mostly guys in bands.)