Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Reason 1,000,001: Why I am warped!


Today, in school, in the midst of a dog search, bag search, evacuation, kids doing stuff they shouldn't to the paper (that could get me in a shiteload of trouble), and a parent meeting scheduled during my only prep, I had a student go up to a wall map of the world and put his fists at either side of the top of this picture. He then proclaimed, "Thank God for the America." (He's not a native speaker.) I was so drained by time I had this kid that all I could do was laugh (after I admonished him). Yep, folks, this is what it is like. I'm glad I have a beer in the frige.

Question: Is it a bad thing that I puposely slowed down in front of a Harley to keep him stuck behind me, so that I could hear the bike? Just wonderin'.

9 comments:

John DuMond said...

Is it a bad thing that I puposely slowed down in front of a Harley to keep him stuck behind me, so that I could hear the bike?

Hey, you were only slowing him down to reduce his greenhouse gas emissions. You are...AN INCONVENIENT MOTORIST. Al Gore would be proud.

Sezme said...

YAY!!!!! I'm inconvenient, saving the envinronment, and enjoying the music of the Harley...chugga, chugga.

Anonymous said...

It was your duty as an American citizen to slow down that Harley rider.

YOU are a great American.

Sezme said...

Just doin' my duty!

rachel said...

You were providing a service by making sure an erratic driver didn't get in front of him and suddenly slam on the brakes.

Or at least that's what I tell myself when I do the same. ;)

Dionne said...

LOL :-) I love it when you share stories like this!!

Anonymous said...

"You are...AN INCONVENIENT MOTORIST."

Whew, at first glance, I thought it said "incontinant" driver.
I'll go clean my readin' glasses now.

Skul

Sezme said...

Rachel:
I'm always looking out for the safety and wellness of bikers. I am especially of the ones on Harleys. The roar of their engines might muffle the sounds of cars meaning them harm.

Skul:
Yeah..you go clean those glasses!

Sezme said...

LMC:
I like sharing the humorous stories. I'm lucky that I have kids that behave in an inappropriate manner in this way, rather than ending up with my neck broken like a Philly teacher a few weeks ago.

We've had teachers with desks thrown at them, though. I think my sense of humor and steady nature keeps a somewhat sane classroom.