Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A mind can be a scary thing when not in use.


All this week I have been involved with state testing and well, since we're not supposed to take anything to grade into the room with me, I realized I had tons of time to think. This is normally quite dangerous because I tend to just think about adult, indoor sporting events. Today, though, I made a conscious effort to think about other things. For example:

I pondered some of life's biggest questions:

1. Why do old women smell like moth balls? Are those the only balls they ever see at their age?


2. Why does bacon taste so good?


3. Why am I so ornery?

4. Why are we paralyzed by our fears?

5. Why do I sleep better after I've had a beer?


Then, thinking about my slippery drive into school, I made a resolution. Yeah. I know January 1 was like three months ago.

I have resolved that I will move somewhere that shuts down even at the hint of snow.


Finally, I thought of what might be my perfect "ordinary" day if I had a choice:

1. Wake up after eight hours of sleep, not four or five.

2. Eat breakfast, not inhale it.

3. Clean the house...in my perfect world, I'd have a house.

4. Exercise for like an hour.

5. Lunch/run errands
6. Chill for a little while.

7. Make dinner, have a beer, oooo and in a perfect world I'd get some.

8. Sleep for eight hours.

Yeah...I wouldn't have a job, but I'd be happy. :)
Ok, so that is my sad little mind at work when it has nothing else to do.

Hope you had time to think, today.

4 comments:

John DuMond said...

I tend to just think about adult, indoor sporting events.

Shuffleboard. Bowling. Ping-pong. Yup, those indoor sporting events are the best.

Hope you had time to think, today.

Sure did. I thought about how I think too much. And now I'm doing it again. Damn.

Sezme said...

Air hockey (I rule!), ummm....there are others, but ya know...

Anonymous said...

If you want to move to a place that shuts down at the hint of snow then you need to move to Alabama! Or so I've heard. Or so my hubby tells me.

Sezme said...

Hmmm....The South sounds nice. I do like sweet tea and hushpuppies.