Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Note to self and other people's cell phone conversations

Note to self:
1. Don't have Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" as a ringtone when you're 50.

A cell phone conversation in a diner with my embellishments:
(Imagine the most obnoxious and loud Jersey accent you can.)

"Hey, where you at!?!?"

(English teacher cringes because a sentence was ended with a preposition.)

"Yeah, it's the first day of spring!"

(Ummm...actually at 8:07 P.M. it will be spring, but tomorrow is the first full day.)

"How's Aiden's face!?!?!"

(Probably mauled by a killer bunny rabbit or something.)

Meanwhile in a corner of the diner there is a woman (who I actually feel very sorry for) who is literally pulling out her hair and hitting her head against the wall. After she does this a few times, she pulls out her eyelashes. THEN she whips out a pair of scissors and proceeds to cut the insides of her wallet into tiny pieces. She's cutting all kinds of other things, too. ( I really felt sad for the woman, but really scared, too.)

Gotta love Jersey!

13 comments:

rachel said...

Is it ok to have the theme from Jaws as your ringtone at nearly 40?

Sezme said...

Yup! :)

Anonymous said...

(English teacher cringes because a sentence was ended with a preposition.)

What do you have a problem with that for?

Sezme said...

Nails raking down a chalkboard....ahhhhhhhhh! ;P

Anonymous said...

I'll end a sentence with a preposition if I want to.

Sezme said...

If you want to what? Huh?

Anonymous said...

Some things just aren't worth getting worked up about. You just want something to make a big deal over.

Maybe You should just give up.

Anonymous said...

Is it really worth fighting for?

Anonymous said...

FIAR, why are you giving RT such a hard time for? Isn't there anything else you can be doing or someplace you can be at?

Sezme said...

I'm too tired...grrrrrrrr. I had a long draining day of meeting with parents, making sure a fight didn't break out, and advising my after school responsibilities. I just got home, and what do I see? Y'all telling me it ain't worth getting mad about!

:P'''''''''''''

Dionne said...

LOL :-) Funny but scary!!

I think the funniest thing I saw in public recently was when I was in the Drs. office waiting room with tons of people and this HUGE guy was snoring so loud I bet you could hear it a mile away. Everyone is giggling and looking at him but no one is brave enough to actually wake him up and let him know he's snoring.

Rogue said...

"Hey, where you at"
-- forget to use verbs much?

Sezme said...

LMC:
HA! Poor guy...he must have been really tired.

Rouge:
Silly mongers!