Monday, September 04, 2006

Crocodile Hunter Killed



Steve Irwin was killed when a stingray's barb went through his chest.

Honestly, I always thought one of his beloved crocs would have killed him at some point. I think we all thought that would happen. While I think people that put themselves in harm's way to work with the wild, untamed creatures of the earth are crazy, I also admire them. We wouldn't know what we know about all of these creatures if it wasn't for the enthusiastic risk-takers we see as crazy. I also admire people like Steve Irwin because of their passion for what they do. Irwin oozed love for what he did and oozed love for the subjects of his studies. How many of us get up as excited as he was about his life and his occupation? How many of us get to follow and live our dreams?

My dream is to once again be able to live out West, soak in the sunshine and the pinkish-red sunsets, chill without the Jersey angst, and breathe deeply while I look at mountains and the big sky. I have other dreams, but they are too personal to share.

I hope you all have dreams and passions. Maybe we should all look at our dreams a little more closely.

No comments: