Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hmmmm. . .

I've been awake since around 4:00 a.m. Can't figure out why. I don't have to be back to school until Thursday, so it's not like I have to get up.

Stupid me went looking around an alumni site for my high school. Five people from one class have died. Weird. My cousin's class, no less.

I looked up one of the "notorious" guys with whom I was acquainted through another friend. He's married, three kids. He's looked me up in the past and so I thought I'd return the curiosity.

One of my classmates has cancer that she's been battling a while. She's battled her whole life with all kinds of non-medical issues. Sad.

I tried finding some poetry. Didn't like any of it. Frankly, thought most of it was pretentious bullshit. (Last night, I looked for jobs that have absolutely nothing to do with literature wondering if I'd regain my love of it if I wasn't saturated by it. Only problem: I have no clue what I am qualified to do.)

Tried finding something to write about, but with all of the earthquakes, fires, tornadoes, brutality, and general ick, I didn't quite feel like writing or ranting about any of it.

A few days ago, I sent a very nice email to the principal of the high school I attended. They are trying to change some things and I appreciated their hard work. I got a two-sentence reply. Schmuck.

I'll be doing a little shopping in anticipation for my summer. Three more weeks and I won't have to stress because my mom brought home hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, macaroni salad, soda, a strawberry/blueberry parfait, and potato chips. Think she wants me fat? Sometimes I wonder. As long as no one wants me, she can have me around and she doesn't have to be alone.

I'm beginning to think I didn't get enough sleep.

I'll be back later after I go shopping and get some work done at the dentist (tiny cavity). Hopefully, I'll be a bit more chipper. Maybe I'll have some caffeine while I'm out; that always cheers me up.

Hope you all have an awesome day. Really.

-D.



No comments: