Sunday, April 20, 2008

A really nice day

I had the immense pleasure of being invited to Wyatt's home for his newest son's christening party, today.

I'm so glad I went. I got to meet Wyatt's very nice and lovely wife. I also got to meet Captain America's wife, who is just plain awesome to talk to. It was great to meet Mrs. Grim and Grim Jack, too. Mrs. Grim even gave me a present!

It was fun to watch the forces of nature that are Wyatt's, Captain America's, and the Grims's children. Wow, were they all cute and balls of energy! It reminded me of all the family cook-outs we had when I was young. (I'm one of 13 grandchildren on my mom's side.) The best part was watching Wyatt's reaction to the dismantling of the playhouse. Heh, heh. (He missed the part where a couple of kids were trying to kick the door in--guess they want to be cops.)

Deathlok was there with his family, and it was nice to talk to him again, even though it was a brief conversation. I knew who a few others were, but I didn't want to interrupt their coversations.

I must say, the cake was flippin' awesome! I have to mention it, because it was so good. (It was the pound cake kind...my favorite!)

The best part was that I made it through the day without Captain America calling me a crack whore; however, he did leave early for work. I imagine if he had more time, he would have.

In all seriousness, though, Wyatt is very blessed with lots of good friends and a very sweet family. It was nice to see, since we hear about so much sadness in the news about the things we value in life crumbling.

It was just a very nice day. :)

No comments: